Bump to baby

This little cotton ball, lying next to me, once stayed cozily inside me. Here he is now, looking at me, feeling lost, finding solace only in my company and trying to understand why he's no longer inside his cozy haven of last nine months. He trembles a bit when you touch him or make a sudden sound, make a sad pout and shuts his eyes. It is a big change to be out in this chaotic world. I wish I could tell him I get it. How nice it must be to be tucked in inside me, no one to wake you up, touch you, clean you, swaddle you..you were doing just fine, playing merrily..listening to mommy's heartbeat.

I, on the other hand, have mixed emotions. It makes me sad that the this little baby is still missing it's home. At the same time, the fact that I can finally get to touch his softest feet, stare at his gorgeous eyes and hold his little hands makes me profoundly happy.

With my older one, it was different. He was curious about everything from the minute he was born. Eyes wide open and curiously watching, smelling sensing everything. Trying to understand everything around him from Day 1. He didn't seem lost to me. He seemed like an explorer trying to find the meaning of everything. This little cherub on the other hand, gives a frown, shuts his eyes and dreams of the womb most of the times. I assure him that the outside world is just as beautiful. I'm sure he'll get there soon.

The love one feels in the company of a baby is inexpressible. For now, I've happily surrendered myself to this little one and I wouldn't have it any other way. How beautiful this journey has been ..from bump to baby being born. 

Life is beautiful..and this 'little life'cuddled next to me more than anything! Ohm Namah Shivay!

P.S: I knit those booties. Another rewarding feeling that any mother enjoys..when u knit something for you baby and it fits :D

Comments

  1. Wonderful write up Pooja. May God bless you both & experience beautiful life ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Pooja. Love Varun and awesome Vyom😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you all 😘. Love to Vyom and Varun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Pooja. I could feel you... loads of love to all of you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mast !!! God bless you all dear..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts