Zindagi hai..behne do!

It's a Wednesday..yet another laborious workday as I drag myself from one meeting to another. Rooms change..the atmosphere doesn't..smart people getting worked up, conflicts flaring up, some trying to work out a solution while others being good listeners.
I keep switching from being a good listener to sometimes secretly multi-tasking  just so I can sneak out in time to pick up the little one.

It's only midweek and I don't know how to pull through the rest of the week.

Amidst the tense atmosphere, I sat there longing to bust out of that door, loosen my stressed muscles and never return!

That glorious hour finally arrived. I stuffed myself in my jacket, grabbed my belongings and stormed towards my car when I suddenly felt rain drops on my cheeks! Damn it!

Well, you know that the pressures of work are sucking the life out of you when the first sight of rain makes you frown...that has definitely never ever been my first reaction! In fact, my first ever blog post was titled "Rain!"and it was about how happy it makes.

Anyway, I get into the car and start driving through the congestion when a beautiful track plays on the radio.

Without even me realizing, the tension on my shoulders was slowly wading off..so was the frown I was carrying since I left the parking lot.
From a sulky, weary working woman, I had transformed into this silly, poetic girl, swaying to the beautiful melody playing in the background and dreamily looking at the endless congestion ahead with a hopeless smile..the petrichor too playing it's part in reviving my senses!

Good music is truly invigorating..and even though I'm aware of the rejuvenating effect it has on me, I somehow forget to indulge into it more often.

If I could somehow embed the track I was listening to into this post..in a way that it could play in the background, I would..but the technology isn't there yet. Someday! (I'll link it below anyway ↴)

Sometimes I get overly philosophical and think "Is this all worth it?" "Wouldn't I be better off spending the rest of my Wednesdays running on that new trail, followed by a coffee break in a cute cafe or taking V to the different parks in the neighborhood?

But then I realize, I just have to pull myself back and take one step at a time. Like in this case, all that was needed was a good piece of music to lighten up a bit and take it easy!

My point is, sometimes the solution to our "temporary" miseries lie in simple things..good music, a pleasant surprise by someone dear, a sudden gush of rain, a nice chat with an old friend , a cup of tea or even better a glass of wine! (Ok! I admit I'm no wine lover..but you got the gist right :-P)

Taking a moment to stop, enjoy these little things is all you need at times..and then, suddenly, going back to the same routine the next day doesn't seem dreadful anymore!

For this crazy woman, this seems to have worked well so far! :) When it doesn't, it might be time to introspect and get all philosophical about it! Until then, she's going to take it one moment at a time...or rather one katra (drop)at a time!

" Katra Katra milti hai, Katra katra jeene do, zindagi hai, behne do..that's the song that saved the day..or rather made it magical!

Gulzar's lyrics coupled with Asha Bhosale's magical voice was all that was needed to turn the weary Wednesday evening into a wonderful one! Enjoy!

(Apologies to readers who do not understand Hindi! I will not make any failed attempts of translating this timeless poetry. Nevertheless, feel free to enjoy the music !)

















Comments

  1. Loved the blog. Great that you were finally able to make the best of the situation.
    And it's admirable how you are pulling yourself to go to work at this stage. It's not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Pooja. Keep writing! You know I love everything you write ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glitter of sunshine along the gloomy week:) nice 👌🏼

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to add a little spice to your reflection: I like your question -"Is this all worth it?"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts