Feeling liberated!

Do you know what it feels like to be liberated? I know..finally!!... in these 32 years of existence, I finally know what it means to feel free.

I was living in some sort of illusion all this while which was created by my mind to keep me away from experiencing reality. It subconsciously feared to face the real world and painted a picture for me which was only remotely related to the truth. (Got a BIT deep didn't it? ..bear with me)

Those of you who know me will know that I get scared very easily. Living in some/ any sort of fear comes naturally to me.. As a kid, I feared going to Bharatnatyam classes, I feared losing my grandparents someday.. but most of all.. I feared loneliness. I know most people do but I think for me this fear was a few notches higher than most people I know :)

I am incapable of living all by myself..even for a day. I need people around me all the time..even a single person would do (reassessed my expectations after moving abroad..it's easier to find parks here..but people.. a-huh *nodding*)

But today, I can happily say I am finally beginning to lose this fear..I have finally begun to enjoy my company. I could just spend some alone time in the house, dwelling over my random thoughts happily clearing the fall leaves in the yard without turning on the tv or talking over the phone. 
Not sure how many of you have already achieved this, but for me, it only happened recently.
Hence the need to pen down this milestone :)

If you thought this was going to be my typical TGIF or happy-like-a-penguin post, sorry to disappoint you.

You know sometimes it is important to pen these things down before they fade away. Overcoming fear, letting go of the past or simply feeling at peace are feelings that need to be acknowledged by oneself. A pat in the back is taking one more step towards solidifying these goals!

Besides, writing is therapeutic I feel. I didn't know what exactly I was feeling until I wrote this post. (My job sure has taken away the life out of my poor, tiny blog among other things. This post brought it out of hibernation :))

Someday, not too far away I will hopefully overcome other weaknesses I have and then you will see another such BORING post from me..but until then you guys can relax! Hehe!

Anyway, time to sleep..still feeling bad that my plan to go for this new hot flick(Andhadhundh - IMDB 9.2 :-O) with my girls failed.. but ended up clearing the cobwebs in my head and visiting my blog instead! Not such a bad start to the weekend after all!

Sweet dreams to me! Zzzzz






Comments

  1. As usual I can relate to whatever you pen down. Hence, as always I love to read your blog. Keep writing Pooja!! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts