"MOVE" IT!!!

All I've been doing in the past few days is packing, repacking, unpacking to check if  I've packed enough and then packing again. Yep, yep! We are MOVING!! Unfortunately, it was my idea and I am bearing all the consequences.

A few fun facts about packing and moving (I cannot believe I just called it fun. Please ignore!) are that

1. you come across things that you did not even know existed in the first place. Then you tend to stare at such newly discovered items for the next few minutes imagining what they could be. They are either an accessory to some cool gadget your partner bought or a broken piece of some expensive toy that you thought the "do-it-all" mom in you can fix. In then end, you will just give up and start relaxing. and then imagining yourself..maybe on a beach..hmm..followed by regretting the idea of initiating the move and so on.

2. if you are woman, you will still feel that you have nothing to wear when it comes to your wardrobe :P (that doesn't change under any circumstances)

3. you'll will finally know what people mean when they say do not invest in materialistic pleasures. Damn it!! I wish I had this realization before the Black Friday sale!

4. you'll have these philosophical thoughts once in a while like "there's more to life than this" or "one must suffer one's doings" etc

5. every time you can't find your house key, or car key or wallet, and your child staring back at you, your heart will start racing and the very 1st thought you will have -"Wait..Whaat..NOOOO..did he just throw it in 1 of the zillion boooxxees lying around??" only to finally find it in your handbag.

Amidst all of this, there will be a  shirtless kid, running around the house, looking for the tiniest LEGO piece LEGO company ever made!!!

Things you packed will be unpacked again, then repacked and what not!!

Anyway, my advice for everyone who thinks they need to move, THINK AGAIN and again and again till you finally change your mind!!

My break is done..got to go! Sigh!

Any guesses on what I'll be doing next?!! Thaaaat's right!! *endless sighing*








Comments

  1. Moving can not be that bad,if we get to read such great piece of writing everytime you move to a new place!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate all these points. Here in I SG I moved from one place to another and each time I painfully dropped those things which I want but not necessary to keep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job, Yeshwant. Dropping them is the key to staying clutter free

      Delete
  3. Awaiting many more well written blogs, till you finish entire packing and the move. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative, keep posting such sensible articles, it extremely helps to grasp regarding things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts