A message to self!

It's been very long since I visited this little personal space I own. I'd forgotten how much peace it brings to me.

This post is not my usual "happy description of an event or incident" post. It's more of self realization that I felt worth penning down so it can be a constant reminder when I complain about certain things in the future. It might make some of you uncomfortable so a little heads up on that :)

It's really weird how we have all always known the ultimate truth..the truth that we are here for a short while and yet we are always busy planning, setting goals, thinking we can control how things happen in the future. Later on, these unfulfilled expectations lead to unnecessary disappointment, coupled with a set of complaints and regrets.

There's nothing wrong in being planned for the future..it's a part of life..it's what gets us going. However, what we often lose track of, is the reality, which is the present, sitting back, enjoying and cherishing the present.

It's only when we hear a piece of sad news like someone's untimely death/serious health illness or when we grow old that the reality strikes us hard. Most of the times we react, mourn, feel guilty and eventually move on. 

I think the part that we often miss is to sit back and do a quick reality check.

We forget to remind ourselves quickly that NOTHING IS IN OUR CONTROL, it never will be and there's nothing we can do about it.

What we can do however, is be thankful for every little thing we have in the present and be aware of the fact  that this every little thing may not be there with us forever..and so we must make most of it NOW ! Live every moment with it. Enjoy the present with no complaints or regrets!

It's sad how we take the most precious things for granted -our health, our family, their love. These​ are the only things that matter and help us survive and yet we run after unworthy dreams that don't bring us any closer to what we already have.

Dream of the future but let "living the present fully" be your utmost priority before it's too late.

Love every single thing you own, every being in your life that you have now, from the bottom of your heart, like you loved them when you first met them. Love yourself.

It's about today, it's about the present. This and only this is the truth and accepting this and embracing our present from now on is the only sure-shot way to happiness and inner peace :)

Comments

  1. Very true! Brilliant article to follow whenever depressed or sad for silly reasons. Super Pooja

    ReplyDelete
  2. very true. loved your article. keep it up Pooja.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written Pooja. Keep writing!! Loads of love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good knock on reality check Pooja..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suberb!! I was feeling a bit low but your article got me back to the present... Thank you 😊
    And yes...I really wish I could meet Vasanti aai...I feel this everytime I get to hear about her...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am extraordinarily affected beside your writing talents, Thanks for this nice share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don’t skills ought to I provide you with thanks! i'm altogether shocked by your article. You saved my time. Thanks 1,000,000 for sharing this text.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts