Greasy Friday!!

So this lazy afternoon, while sipping my tea and waiting for the Friday evening to set in, my tummy suddenly started craving for freshly baked cookies. Earlier  during the day, I'd come across this awesome recipe of nankatais (Indian butter cookies) made from homemade ghee(clarified butter). The picture made me drool all over my phone. Nankatais are my favorite baked treats of all but it's really strange why I never really attempted baking them. Well today was the day!! 

I was all set to make them when I realized that the homemade ghee my mum sent would be all used up and I really wanted to save some for my son'd daily meals. Nope! There was no looking back now! I motivated myself. So I decided to start with making homemade ghee.

There was a link for making homemade ghee in the same Nankatai recipe. It promised that the ghee would be done in 15 mins. PERFECT!!  I couldn't wait. I washed and dried my favorite pretty glass jar that I'd use to store my first time ever homemade ghee. Yay! While the butter began to melt,  I thought I missed a step, so I went back to check the recipe and got distracted by the nankatai photos.:P
When I was back,  I noticed that the melted butter looked jet black instead of golden brown like the recipe stated .  My ego refused to accept that something was wrong and I strained the hot black liquid hurriedly into the glass jar. 
BOOM!!!  The glass jar cracked and the black thingy looking like ghee was all over the counter, seeping into the drawers and spreading on the floor. :(
The only part of that recipe that turned true in my case was that the house really smelt awesome. But apart from that,  the 15 mins ghee recipe turned into a 1 hour of nightmare not that I had a greasy kitchen, broken glass pieces and a burnt container to deal with :(

I really shouldn't have fantasized about those damn nankatais.
After cleaning that greasy mess and giving sigh of relief, what was smiling at me..my mug of cold tea and my toddler who was now wide awake :(
1 golden hour of peaceful time  was now down the sink. Sigh!!

Now here I'm at the park  doing my usual routine with my toddler and  because it's Friday evening I refuse to end this post on a sad( greasy) note. So here's pic of the beautiful Sakura( Cherry blossom) trees that made me happy and got me into the Friday mood again! TGIF! :)
Happy Friday, friends!! :)




Comments

  1. We have all been there ... great way to turn things around after the tiny disaster :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts