My love for cafes!

I've been wondering for a long time now.. and it was only today, over my usual cup of evening tea, that I realized that what I've been missing badly all this while are my random visits to cafes and my infinite love for them!

I feel that cafes' are the coolest place in the whole world! They welcome you with this heavenly aroma of freshly brewed coffee and fresh bakes, you're not expected to be decked up when you get into one and you're surrounded people...people who don't care what you're wearing / doing/ not doing..

It's so much fun just being in one, sipping some coffee and watching people..
people..laughing, reading, writing, working on their laptop, staring outside a window..people just like you..being themselves and taking a break!
That's the best part about being in a cafe..you can be yourself and you're not alone!

You know a few years back when we were planning our backpacking trip to Europe, I was reading about Vienna.
Turns out Vienna is known for it's cafe culture. One must not leave without visiting its cafes.

The author wrote that many of the famous artists that live in Vienna often spend a big part of their time in the cafes..it's not unusual to bump into a famous artist while you're hanging out in one of it's cafes.

Needless to say that after reading that, Vienna was on our itinerary and we ended up visiting one of it's oldest cafes :)
That cafe experience was one of it's kind and instantly became one of my top most favorite memories! :)

Sigh!
Sometimes I wish I owned a cafe..that way I'd always be around what I love being around the most..people, tea/coffee and cakes ( in that order of preference :-))

If I ever really start my own cafe, it's going to be a perfectly cute one..tiny yet cozy enough, at a corner of a busy street!

It'll have large windows with colored glass panes.. so when sunlight enters through them, there'll be colorful light patterns on the inside of the cafe. Also there'll be wide pots of red flowers on each of its enormous windows (like the ones you see in Europe)

One of its walls will be shelved with lots of books for people to pick their favorite read and the other will have a painting of a peaceful beach and a pin-board next to it for people to pin photos of them chilling in their favorite corner of the cafe and signed with their messages and experiences :)

And of course there'll be a huge selection of muffins, pastries and scones to choose from :) ( I'm hoping to be an expert pastry chef by then :P)

And if this ever happens, all of you are invited for it's grand opening where you'll all be served with a free cup of hot cappuccino and a freshly baked blueberry muffin with an extra large crumble!! :) :)

                      For now, here's a pic of the one I baked last week. Enjoy! :)

Blueberry muffin with crumble

Comments

  1. Pooja, it seems you are opening the cafe on the same road on which I am going to open! What a picturesque style of writing. I will be a regular visitor to your blog n cafe!!!All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vrunda tai for the sweet comment. I'll be honored if you become my regular customer! :)

      Delete
  2. Pooja, it seems you are opening the cafe on the same road on which I am going to open! What a picturesque style of writing. I will be a regular visitor to your blog n cafe!!!All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post Pooja! I could imagine myself sitting in ur cafe. I share ur love of sitting in cafes with a book - rain, snow or shine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Pooja. Cafe acche khayaal hai aapke. Ha ha. Hope u really start one soon. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A witty humorous comment like always! Thanks Abhi :)

      Delete
  5. Good one Pooja .. I want a free cappuccino and triple chocolate muffin everytime I visit ur cafe..

    ReplyDelete
  6. So quaint....I love cafes too for their cozy comfort. There's nothing like a good ol' cuppa, yum bakes and a good book or conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice one Pooja... hope ur dream turns into reality ...n mst say dis time presentation was gud.. n those blueberry muffin with crumble looks so yum...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice one Pooja..waiting for Pooja's Cafe to have the complimentory muffin everytime i come...😀

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts