Be nice!! It's the new cool! :)

I overheard a teen the other day(I didn't have a choice..she probably wanted people to hear her coz she was pretty loud you know) saying she just made the most amazing sarcastic comment to some girl  and that the poor girl just smiled and had nothing to say. The joy on this teen’s face while she was saying so knew no limits..it was superfluous and she felt so proud of herself.
The other dumb girls listening to this teen couldn't’ agree more. They said that’s the coolest comment ever…
I almost choked myself!

I have always wondered..since when is being Sarcastic considered cool??? It’s only NASTY!! People show off their sarcasm like it’s some PRADA belt or Gucci shoes they’re wearing :P

But when I sit back and think, I feel it's not just this teen. She was just some spoilt lil brat.
Once someone I know mentioned to me how smart this Elderly person she knew was in passing "witty" sarcastic comments just at the right time.
 And I was like ..how does it make him smart? It only shows he's weak because he doesn't have the guts to convey the message clearly and directly. This mentality is common among all age groups especially the " elite cultured" crowd. 
People feel a sense of accomplishment when they pass some ridiculously unnecessary sarcastic comments. They feel that It’s like some skill or undiscovered hidden talent they have.

Well! Before you pat your back on developing such unnecessary linguistic skills let me ask you an important question.
How dumb are you??
I mean, first of all you’re mean and secondly you're proud of that! 
You really desperately wanna try something new and challenging? Well! Then try being nice instead.. and probably to the same person you blurted out your nasty comment to. Ah ha! Now we’ll know how cool you are.

To all the people out there who think being sarcastic is being cool, my advise to you is, nasty comments will only make you "popular" among zero I.Q personalities. 
If you really want to be cool and unique, just be nice! It's the NEW COOL! :)) 
Join the club soon! :))

Comments

  1. Superb Pooja.. loads of love to you..keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing article pooja... Agree 100%

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Pooja! Good going.
    keep writing. You shall bring a change and many shall join the new cool club soon ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts