Rain rain..

It's funny how every time it rains my mind runs back to my school days! Those were the loveliest days of my life...I'm sure its the same for most...Running to school, making paper boats, jumping into the muddy puddles along the roadsides..
..And as I think about it it reminds me of this funny little incident back from childhood which I finally don't mind to share :)

It was monsoon season and the school had just begun. I rushed to school and on my way it had started raining. The rain only grew stronger. For a 10 year old me, the only thing that mattered is to reach school in time..and so I had ignored the rains and finally reached school..completely drenched. Who cared! I felt a sense of accomplishment as I had made it on time.
Our Class teacher arrived and looked worried when she saw me. I was sent back to my day care. I, however did not want to miss school...especially the drawing class. So I returned back to school in a bright red frock that my mother had packed in my day care bag.

My school was a modest one.. it didn't really have any of the things that any average school in today's time has..like a security house ..and so.. I could easily sneak in.
And then the Drawing class began. The Arts teacher was surprised to see me in a bright red frock. "You little brat! Stand up." He said. I stood up immediately. " What makes you fairer today..you are shining like a star.. Why is it that your face is glowing more than ever ?" He said smiling. Too young to realize its just a humorous remark I actually answered his question sincerely explaining what I thought was the reason behind the glow.
"Sir, on my way to school I got fully wet in the rain and the rain water washed away all the dirt off my face. If you go out now in the rain I bet u will get fairer too."
He burst out laughing and so did my classmates who I'm sure didn't get the joke either but felt a strong urge to follow their teacher.

That innocent response had made me popular in school. And I can't believe my Arts teacher continued to joke about it till I turned 15 :( I didn't like it then.
But now this little incident only brings back a smile on my face and a sigh..wish I could go back to those carefree innocent days! ...

Rain rain ....its not only the pleasant earth smell you bring and the greenery and life you spread that makes me your fan.. but its also these little wonderful memories that are associated with you.. You are a part of my childhood that is still the same..lively and carefree..like a little kid.

Rain rain..you make me happy again! :)


Comments

  1. I totally remember this..!! You struck a chord here my friend..plz keep writing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you will remember! Thanks Aditi :)

      Delete
  2. You are so cute, Pujipaaji

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont rem'ber bt u wer always a new goa's "smile bringer burger".....miss those days pooji

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet....:) Nice one ......Keep writing !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts