TGIF!

"Happy like a penguin" Friday feeling has set in since past few Fridays now that I have taken up the "working mother" title again. No, the penguin phrase doesn't exist. I made it up because that's exactly how I feel. Those close to me even know my penguin walk :D

Related image
Weekdays pass like a breeze. Work, parent duties and dinners sum up our week. The glory of Friday cannot be put into words.

This Friday has definitely been the best by far. I didn't for once have to drive through the painful traffic to and fro. Plus it began raining on the drive back home. Ah! Perfect weekend weather. After getting home, my little one decided to leave me alone and I sank into this new swinging chair that became a part of this household a few weeks back.

The music system seemed lonely, grabbed the remote and in a few seconds my playlist was on. I closed my eyes..I felt like I was floating.. amidst a sea of  soft white clouds. My tired soul felt invigorated by the powerful, rejuvenating Indian classical music.
Good music is like warm chicken soup on a chilly evening or a medicine of a weary mind (that's the pharmacist in me speaking:p)

That little cozy moment I had in the swinging chair is enough to get me going for the next week.
All you need to rejuvenate sometimes is good music, a cozy chair and light showers to bring out the child in you :)

Life is beautiful..especially on Friday evenings!! :))



(As you can see, the moment described above didn't last too long as my spot got stolen!!..someone else too needs to unwind after a long tiring week of play, food, play and..food?!! :D)






Comments

  1. Your blog can bring smile even on a dull Monday. Very well expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Superb. Loved the last part:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Pooja... it's these tiny moments that make us feel alive and in the present

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts